Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Shortest Day Ever

I got a call from casting the night of my oral surgery thing. It was for the Chris Rock movie, "I Think I Love My Wife." I was a little reluctant to do it, because I really didn't know how I was going to feel the next day...but I took it, because work is rare there days. The stages were in Queens, which is great. That is the great thing about living in Queens!!! Most of the studios are right here! It was a great day. I knew many of the crew from some of the more long-running gigs I've had and they were all calling out my name and happy to see me. Sat for a few minutes. When they asked for people who hadn't been seen yet, I raised my hand quickly and went to set. The set was an elevator. They needed four people, I was the fifth so I backed off. They then called for the fifth person. That's me! I stepped in. They gave me the only direction, I was to exit the elevator on a cue, passing Chris Rock as he was on the phone. Yeah that's right Chris Rocks got the hell out of my way. We did maybe four takes, a BOOM!!, checking the gate. The scene was done. I sat in holding for maybe 30 more minutes and then I was out. I "worked" a grand total of 2 hours. So that comes out to about 60 bucks an hour. I was really thankful for this short day, since I am limited to eating only soft foods for the next week or so, and there was basically nothing there I could eat. Apparently Chris Rock was later sighted at White Castle. You rock Chris Rock.

No comments: