Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Don't Sweat It

Yeeeeeah, easier said than done when your dressed in a t-shirt, dress shirt, vest and bow tie, such as I was being a valet attendant. We were filming in midtown in front of a gentleman's club called Lace. Yeah... nice, huh? Since in the first shot it was my job to come out of the place, I got to sit inside where it's air conditioned. As I waited the ocassional stripper would come out and peek about, asking what was going on. The poor strippers, they weren't making any money, because there was no business. Maybe because there were a bunch of cameras out front. Can we say camera shy? Second time in a row filming in times square vicinity. Such a crazy place to try to manage pulling scenes together. Crowds, NY'ers who would rather spit on you than stand for 3 minutes for a take to end, crazies singing with no refrain. It was kind of fun being in a scene though in such chaos. The director began yelling at extras, because they were "acting." This basically means that they were trying to draw attention to themselves. It was a quick rehearsal and then a walk away lunch. I stopped by Gap for the first time since I quit and held hello to some people, then chowed on some pizza. The second scene I did my valet thing with the main actor. Basically walked up, accepted his tip as he told me to "keep his car close" and got inside. That was my moment, I had some technical questions I was hesitant about asking (because of all the yelling,) but I did nevertheless and thankfully my questions were appreciated as they had not been considered. The rest of the night I pretty much sat around and tried to get a handle on my body which was suffering from heat fatigue. I came home, threw my stuff down and stripped liked a Lace dancer. But it's kind of left me in a mood. Just hot and tired. Ready for a cold shower and a soft pillow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»