Saturday, July 01, 2006

Top 25 Percentile

It's been overall a good day. I received an email telling me that I have qualified for the quarter finals in one of the screenplay contests I entered. This is a big contest with writers submitting from all over the country as well as 39 foreign countries. They had about 2,500 people that entered the contest and now it's been narrowed down to about 600. I'm telling you this because I am really thrilledto be included in the winning 25% that are left. I'm not really considering making it through the next cut, but this is certainly a validation that I appreciate. I just finished revisions to the script that I sent in. Damn it, how I wish I could send the newer version in.
The other good news for today was finding out my headshots were done. So I took a trip into the city to accomplish many tasks. The last of these was hitting up a new restaurant that specializes in macoroni and cheese, yeah you heard me. I got there just in time. As I ordered my goat cheese mac and cheese, a long line formed after me that stretched outside of the place. Because it was so crowded I had it to go, deciding I would go to Union Square to sit and enjoy my meal. And I did. I sat at a bench and ate, while I texted the friend who told me about the place to praise my dinner, and enjoyed the percussion performace behind me. That was about the excitement of my day.
Fraiser is on right now...oh, Eddie!!!
I plan on going to go Kalju's this weekend while he is here. Actually I am quite excited about it. Oh, you want to see one of the shots? OK.

I'm sorry, I can't help but being sexy.

No comments: