Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Stir Crazy

My overwhelming lack of work is an agravating focal factor in my life right now. The days are becoming mundane and blurring into each other as one offers little distinction from the next. I'm trying to make use of this time. In the last two days I've updated my NYCastings resume to include my new headshots and submitted online to every casting director and talent agency possible. I've gone over postings with a fine tooth comb and submitted to anything that I might not have before. Today I ordered reproductions for my headshots and new postcards. I scanned Craigslist for acting or writing work. EH! I'm not liking it. Whom did I piss off?
I've decided to end my antibiotics days alcohol and cigarette free, finish it right you know. I worked out for the first time today in a while. Its not that I've been completely lazy, but the antibiotics have been giving me stomach pains and the general discomfort does not encourage excercise or eating sutible amounts for exertion.
I guess the main problem is that I am stuck in my writing. There are two reasons I am having trouble with my script. 1: I dont' have much of an idea that I want beyond the main concept and 2: The genre is foreign to me really. I am considering buying a book geared toward this genre and certainly watching classic movies of the genre. EH!
I found myself taking a completely unnecessary nap today, just because it was rainy and I was bored. EH!
I really want to put something positive in here. Oh! I was watching a bunch of Family Guy clips on youtube yesterday and they had the one where Stewie beats Brian mercilessly for his money. That made my day right there. Brian- "you're a freaking psychopath." Stewie (wipes off his hands and then throws the towel on Brian) "yeah, clean yourself up."
Fucking brilliant.

No comments: