Sunday, July 16, 2006

You Are Here?

It's been a looooooooong day of scrutinizing myself as much as possible. Now I am completely pussyjunked on the whole query letter thing. Maybe though some of you out there would like to read it and give me some feedback. Basically a query letter is supposed to be concise, selling your idea , demonstrating your writing ability but with subtlity and inform the agent of any background you have (a little humor if you can manage so without it being cheesy.) So take a look if you want and comment with any suggestions you might have. Appreciated.

********************************

Could it be that the hardships in life are really what take us to the happy ending?

I would like the opportunity to send you my new screenplay, You Are Here, an offbeat comedy that follows the misfortunes of five individuals. Harold is a human doormat one muddy boot away from a violent break-down. Unlucky in love Jill is headed for fairy tale tragedy when she falls for charms of Jack. Kris is a mortuary beautician looking for that special person at his high school reunion. However ten years ago Kris was a Kristie. Joe is a failure looking for the meaning of life and robbing at gun point. Kate is an outcast who looks for self-worth in her self-absorbed boyfriend. They are all about to learn an inevitable truth to life: there is no escaping it. But if you learn to accept it and pull through, you may just find what you’ve been missing.

I have been writing and producing my own films for the past nine years in upstate New York. I have made features varying in genre from thrillers to Medieval epics, requiring a full scale village and hundreds of extras. This has warranted me some local celebrity, having been featured in several newspapers and regional news (ok, so I’m grouped in with 4-H bulletins and square dancing contests.)

My aspirations for this script and my career are however much bigger. I consider You Are Here a real achievement for myself as a writer and I am looking for someone who will have a shared enthusiasm in bringing it to life. Any help you could give me I would greatly appreciate. My past productions can be seen at http://www.demarshstudios.com./ Thank you for your consideration.

No comments: