Tuesday, July 11, 2006

OD'ing with the AC'ing

I felt a little silly walking down the street, jacket in hand, the air so hot it warped everything in sight. But I knew, because I did my time working at a theater for a few months, that movie theaters completely over-d0 it with the air conditioning. The hotter it is outside the colder they make it inside. I had to do some walking to get to the theater and once I got there I wasn't quite sweating buckets, but I'm sure I was slippery. Within 15 minutes of the movie, I was snuggled inside my trusty jacket.
And the movie? Yeah you guessed it, Pirates. Generally I give it a thumbs up... besides a few too many cheasy references to jokes of the first film. It came off a bit less quirky than Curse of the Black Pearl, and with a darker tone unfortunately. The story and motives were a little more muddy as well. Those are my criticisms anyway. It was still FUN. There were still GREAT moments. And Bill Nighy!! Like Geoffrey Rush. A great character actor. I have to admit I've always been partial to character actors. I think it's the whole transformation thing. If I get the chance I will make an effort to do ALOT of character acting in my career. The effects were AMAZING! Much better than COTBP. Depp (whom I also consider a character actor) stayed true to his performance, even if some of the novelty of it has worn off.
After the movie, I look rather unsuccessful for a shower curtain. I have a stand-up shower and I haven't been able to fit a curtain that fits to it. I may have to adapt one myself (snip-snip.) Then I went grocery shopping. I decided to go all out for dinner. Since eating at the macaroni and cheese place, its been in my head to make a mac and cheese dish with cheddar, mozarella, goat cheese, tomato and fresh spinach. Tonight I am going to make that shit HAPPEN! With breaded chicken and beets!!
Got a email for the proofs of my headshot and postcard format. I called to change the text because I wasn't completely happy with it. Funny a couple of years ago, I probably would have let it go, now I tend to make sure I take care of stuff like that. I'm guessing they'll be here by the beginning of next week.

No comments: