Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm Sorry, I Have No Recollection of That

I must say that many of the events that happened the day of the my surgery are blurred or forgotten. I was given the option of being knocked out for the procedure and I took it. I was also given Valium. I don't remember going under and it seemed only a few seconds had passed when I came to. But the surgery was done. I stood up and stumbled some, paid an enormous amount of money, and left. Somehow I made it home. I don't remember anything of the trip. The next several hours I mostly slept. There were several calls of concern, I spoke gibberish to them and once passed out. By night I was sensible again. By last night the stitches were already coming out, which is probably for the best because I couldn't stop playing with them. It's not very pretty, bruised and all that. Today I spoke to the doctor, who told me that everything should be fine, no root canal is necessary, my teeth are staying put, I picked up some anitbiotics as a precaution. Hopefully this oral catastophe is over.

No comments: