Sunday, June 18, 2006

Union Square Sprint

There wasn't much to my Sunday. Wrote a bit, watched TV, prepares some headshot packages and postcards for tomorrow's mail. My eye has been twitching for the last few days, a sure sign that I am stressing about something. My life is pretty damn good I must say except the work, which has been inconsistent and disappointing. Yes, I am twitchy over work. This recent slowness has me pretty nervous. Background really is becoming less dependable a job. The fact is you(pl) get booked on a movie once, and then you're done. So say five new films start up, that's five days of work, unless you're booked for multiple days or you're doing stand-in. My nerves are just a little racked. I am anxious to get my new headshot and hopeful something will come of this manager business. I am trying not to let this lack of work get me done and be productive with my time off. Anyway that is my life of late and the reason why my blog has become so fucking boring.
Dave and Ian have left for their trip. I wish them adventure!!! Dave and I competed one finally time in the Union Square underground the other night. It started out with the usual casual skip ahead to gain the lead, turned to short bursts of running, then to an all out sprint to the N/W train, leaving Ian in the dust. We each had the lead at various point, usually one being slowed down by a gapless crowd as the other somehow found a hole. By the time we hit the large opened area where musicians and performers strive to set up camp, I had the lead. I shot right in front of the band, confusing the crowd I am sure with the streaking blur they witnessed. As I reached the stairway down to the platform, I could sense Dave directly behind me. As I stopped quick, I saw Dave out of the corner of my eye. His direction was all wrong though. Dave ran right into the wall. Apparently he tripped over his feet and had no choice. There was a little blood, the hands tend to bleed relentlessly I've found out though. I WON.
I made a rockin dinner... Whole grain pasta, spinach, brocolli, and chicken in olive oil. I worked out on this very hot day. I took an hour nap mainly out of boredom. Talked on the tele a bit... exciting as all hell huh?
I was going to take a picture of me celebrating No-Shirt Day, but that wouldn't be decent. I don't think you could handle it anyway.

No comments: