Sunday, June 25, 2006

Robin Hood: Prince of Montana

Let's see, things I haven't bothered to mention...I did not get the stand-in from the interview I had the other day. It was given to someone far less deserving in my opinion.
Had my headshots taken on Friday. It went well and I should get them back next week. There are a variety of shots and so I may even choose two to make prints of.
I was recently fascinated my the longevity of the tortoise.
Addwaita was a 255-year-old Aldabra gaint tortoise who died back in March. Harriet the turtle died a couple of days ago at 175. She was actual ly believed to have been orginally trasported by Darwin when visiting the Galapagos islands. Besides trees and whatnot these turtle live longer than pretty much anything else on the planet.
And finally, one of the screenplay contests I entered finished today. I did not win. Not a big deal. The feedback was interesting. I received three reviews: two quite good and one very very unimpressed reader. Oh well, it's not for everyone. Everyone loved the dialogue and no one was really too fond of the ending.
It hasn't really been a good weekend at all. I kind of feel like I am in a vacuum. I am trying some over the counter medication against my mysterious ailment. It's still coming and going through. It's distracting me from getting anything productive done and its frustrating. Very much so. It's pretty much the root of all my problems right now.
I watched Enemy at the Gates again today. I like the movie, especially the actors, but I don't like when actors don't attempt to match the dialects of their characters. Especially good actors. It's like, "come on you're Ed harris, Jude Law!!! Why aren't you doing an accent while others are???" And I think we all remember Kevin Costner in....well... anything!!!

No comments: