Thursday, December 07, 2006

You Smell Something Burning?

Well, I do say chaps, good day. To breeze by the cold exterior shoot the other day... It was cold. It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting though. They had a warming van nearby on set, I geared up with some thermal underclothes and when we weren't shooting we were allowed to keep our coats on. Of course after hours and hours, you tend to get cold no matter what. At one point I noticed my arm had a purplish tint to it, another time I noticed my hand, which had been red and only partially functional since the early morning, now had kind of wrinkled up as if it was waterlogged. Yes coldness does weird stuff to the body. There were things that I did to try to keep warm naturally, like pacing, jumping up and down, and lastly doing calf raises. At any rate it was another light dependant day and so we were out by about 330, a simple 8.5 hour day. I'm still not very pleased AFTRA. It's like the cheap Aunt that gets you a card and a Lotto ticket for your birthday. But I got my $1,300 perforated paper membership card and I may as well make use of it.

p.s. the production was a ESPN mini-series called The Bronx is Burning.

No comments: