Thursday, December 28, 2006

My Bible

Whenever I am in doubt, whenever I found myself lost, whenever I have unanswered questions, my bible puts me on the right path, the way to righteouosness. It's The Screenwriter's Bible by David Trottier, a guide to writing, formatting and selling your script. I mostly use it for formatting purposes, but I have definately appreciated the keen insight to the script structure, elements, devices and whatnot. It seems any time I am not sure how to properly format a less used device within a script, all I have to do is look in this little gem of literary reference and there is the answer. Its true that there are all kinds of ways to format different stuff within a script, but certainly some ways make much more sense than others. I have been writing screenplays for about.... 10 years I guess, and since I bought this book, I haven't neglected it once while working on a script.

99% less contradictions than the original Bible.

No comments: