Monday, December 04, 2006

No, no, no, from the back!

Well THAT was a bust. Ok so this was the hub-bub bubs. I got a call from casting Friday saying they submitted me for this part in a film called My Sassy Girl. This was how they explained it to me. I was to possibly play a past boyfriend (you like that alliteration?) to the lead female. It was to be shoot in a series of flash backs and it was speaking. But like I said, production was adding these scenes. So I was somewhat hopeful that if I did get the part then perhaps I would be upgraded.

Back to reality. They brought one other guy and me to set early. Set was outside. Central Park. When we arrived to set, the situation was further and more accurately explained to us. They were more interested in the back of out heads than anything else. They had already shot the stunt man for the character and now they needed someone to match him. And so slowly to rotated in clock-wise 360 for the director. Yup. So when it came down to it, they were only interested in haircolor and hairline. Which I did not match. I am not too upset (except for the loss of poss. work) as it was also explained to us that through all the shots, only the back of the actor's head would be scene. WOW!! That's great! What an opportunity. Sit around 10 hours, so the back of my head can be used.
The day otherwise...well, sucked. We were outside for about 9 hours straight. It was cold. No it was COLD. NO it was FUCKING BRRRRR!!!!! No breaks. Well, yeah one 10 minute break, we went into a warm van. No meal, we ended the day with plenty of penalties. I was very ready to go home. And then I got the guised call. The one where you agree to something (in the particular situation:work) and realize immediately you made a mistake. AFTRA sucks. I don't know why I am a member. I don't know why they can't match SAG's base rate. I don't know why I agreed to another day of sitting out in the cold (so soon) and with less clothing (as it it a summer scene.) Tomorrow is destined to suck, suck more than today.

In other news, I am making my life yet a little more creatively hectic with now starting a new spec script and probably writing a short for a pair that intend to make a film. I don't know much about the short, but I am pretty excited/anxious to start my new script. I just don't want to wake up tomorrow is all.

....Oh the other actor that I needed to look similar to was Jesse Bradford.

No comments: