Friday, December 22, 2006

The 12 Woes of Christmas and MGU's

12. Crowded train

11. Forced travel

10. Christmas music everywhere (admittedly not a big deal since I don't hold a 9 to 5 now)

9. People flock stores and sidewalks showing christmas shoving spirit

8. No work for a good three weeks

7. Getting gifts for people when I've no idea what they want

6. Receiving gifts from people, I'm always uncomfortable (this goes for my bday as well)

5. Darting from family to family and working around everyone's schedules

4. the lost meaning of christmas

3. the original meaning doesn't apply to my personal beliefs anyway

2. I am going to list no work again because its a REALLY big one

1. The bullshit of it all

Lately I have noticed roaming around the city streets what I like to call MGU's or mobile god units. The first one I saw was a Christian MGU. A minivan driving down a major avenue, someone inside with a bullhorn, preaching about how Jesus will save us and whatnot. The funny part was that I working that day and the assistant director had himself a bullhorn. And he spouted back. You got to love bullhorn exhanges.

The second one I saw a few days ago on Lexington Ave. This was a Jewish MGU decked out with banners. This MGU wasn't so much preaching as it appeared to be celebrating. Just driving slowly down the avenue, playing some crazy ethnic music. A sort of party MGU. Yeah, that's about it.

No comments: