Sunday, August 27, 2006

Something's Missing

One pair socks, one pair underwear, deodorant, toothbrush, laptop, laptop chord....what am I missing???? Oh yeah, my cell phone charger. I traveled upstate yesterday, I was going home to take part in a surprise birthday party for my sister. And I forgot my cell phone charger! So I've been unavailable since early this morning. Last night was nice, I visited with my parents and the doggies for a while and then when all went nighty-night, I finished my entry for Dead Land. (which I just posted for anyone interested.) Today was been incredibly busy as I was volunteered to be chief chef today, I made a pasta salad, swedish meatballs, and a sausage dish. I was pretty much going non-stop until ten minutes my sister's ETA. Once she showed up, she was completely surprised by the party and also by my presence. So much in fact, that she began to cry at the sight of me. The party was a good time. There are so many different families within my family (mostly due to divorces and such) that it was alot of going from one group to the next and visiting. By the end of the night it was just me, one night owl niece, my mother, my sister's husband, her friend and me sitting drinking, shooting the shit. It's been a good day. A very good day. Tomorrow I am on the train at high noon. Back to my life.

No comments: