Sunday, August 27, 2006

Reel-ly??

I caught up on some entertainment news thanks to my internet sources. I heard that Lucas was coming out with another box set of DVD's for the original Stars Wars trilogy, the attraction being that they are as is from the 1977(8) theatrical release [I don't really fucking know the release date, and I'm not looking it up!] I really don't get the appeal of it or the rationale of spending non-counterfeited money on such a thing. And today I read he's releasing another anniversary DVD set next year. What the fuck man?!?!?! How much does that make it??? Like 15 different versions of one fucking set! I got an idea for you Lucas, you fucking no necked, gargle-voiced wash-up, first learn how to write dialogue!!! Second, come out with an interactive DVD set in 2008, where you just throw uncut scenes on there and allow fans to create their own overdone, unnecessary joke of a re-release for one last time! You don't even need to credit me for that shit!

In happier movie news, Jim Broadbent has joined the cast of Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd. Broadbent has the type of face, where you look and say to yourself, "he's looks really f'ing familiar" and your curiousity forces you to IMDB to reference it. I recoginize him from Gangs of New York. And now that I know who he is, I think it was a great casting decision (as Judge Turpin.) Oh and in response to comments on my initial Sweeney Todd post..... I wasn't saying that Big Fish and E.S were Burton's only good movies, I love many of his movies, and I've watched probably every one of them since Beetle Juice, I was talking about emotional depth. Yes, I think I was a little harsh on Burton/Depp, but I had just come from seeing the show on Broadway and was thoroughly affected by it. I am with you on it now, rock that shit Burton! I could see Helena Bonham Carter as the beggar women. Anyone else find her an incredibly talented actress?

No comments: