Sunday, August 13, 2006

Bar Hopping in the Rainforests of Astoria

Broke out the fedora and went with a friend to the many bars of Astoria last night. First it was to the Beer Garden. The drinks are cheap, smoking is A-OK because it's all outside and it's always hopping. Although we felt a bit out of place as it seems to be a place for large groups to convene. So we moved on. There was a bar at ditmars that I wanted to investigate, one that promised a pool table. $4 drinks, two pool tables and a dart board. I played a kick-ass first game of pool and then some guy challenged me so I played him. It was a close game, but I was drunk and he was taking the game way too seriously, so for entertainment purposes I made fun of him through most of the game. I accidentally agreed to play him once more and ordered another drink to get me through the game. Then we were bound for another bar, one I like to call "the creepy bar." But at the last minute, we made a quick left and ended up back at the Beer Garden. The reasoning being that the drinks are cheaper. Of course after I got another drink I realized I didn't need one, and he realized he was starting to feel it too much for the drive back to Brooklyn (plus the place was closing) so we left, my screwdriver hidden under the bottom of my shirt.
Today..... not much.

No comments: