Saturday, August 12, 2006

Broken Record

Yesterday was a good day in terms of getting shit done. In the morning I recorded the audio needed for ShE, amused myself taking the line and giving it several versions. It's funny how with a few subtilities you can change the tone of a sentence. We do it instinctively every day as we communicate. Somewhere in our heads we're thinking about how to say each and every word. And then when the inconvenient moment comes when we don't verbalize quite right we say to ourselves, "why did I say it like THAT?"
Anway, the recording ended up being a bust as I discovered today the battery in the mic was dying, so I replaced it and re-recorded today. Now I am going back and forth with the elder DeMarsh and frankly the line is getting really old. I hope I am done saying it. It is not very easy to replicate a line exaxtly when you're not looking at the action of a scene you filmed pretty much exactly a year ago. I'm sure it will all turn out in the end though.
I also sent out postcards and mailed all the possible literary query letters via Ross Reports. So I feel good about that. I had planned on watching a movie, but instead got caught up in writing and readying headshots for the mail today. This only confirms my stance on not getting cable as I am sure it would only be a disastrous distraction.
I've been recording a good part of today, a song that I began about a month ago. My microphone is working so much better, it's kind of pulling me into recording. Lyrically I think this current song is the best I've written in a while, so we'll see if I can finish it.
Bah! Clancy wrote new Dead Land entry!!! Oh the poor souls of the Metatron!!!

No comments: