Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tailgating Etiquette

Put simply....What's mine is yours.

That was quite possibly the easiest money I've ever made. If I told you I spent the weekend on a beach working for a volleyball tournament, you'd assume it was fun. Right? And we figured out that's not the case. But if I told you I spent the day, walking around a parking lot trying to get football fan tailgators to buy Jets ringtones, you assume it wasn't fun. But again! Not so! This is pretty much what went down.

Jets Stadium parking lot, pre-game,3 guys, 3 girls, teams of 2, boy-girl. It's a smart plan, one because, there are a lot of guys in the parking lot, so it good to have a guy around for protection and then there are a lot of guys in the parking lot, so it's good to have a girl around, so they're a little more receptive.

So this girl and I ask a few groups and then we get to this group of three middle aged guys. They weren't very interested in our offer, but they invited us to sit down, grab a beer and try some ribs. Of course we did. And then we tried the sirloin steaks, and then we tried the lobster tail, all cooked on their grill. I can honestly fucking say, the food was AMAZING!!!! About 5 bottles and a few hours later, we reported back to the rendezvous. We had to get video taped doing our little thing (selling product, not eating free food and drinking free booze.) After about an hour of being video taped, the day was done. It was a beautiful sunny day, I got a little too much sun again. Finish off my tan before the winter I guess.

Yes, my head still feels like it's in a vice.

Game play last night consisted of Burn Out: Revenge and two other games I can't remember the titles to. Sorry L. I tried.

Anger: I got a call for work tomorrow. Let the voicemail take it while I scrambled for a pen and pad. I called right back and he had already found someone else. It was stand-in for a cool movie too. Grrr..

No comments: