Monday, September 25, 2006

Anyone Else Smell That?

This morning:

Thow jacket on, bag, phone - check, wallet - check, get the lights, and I'm out the door. Wait, hmm... Search my right little pant pocket (you know that tiny one meant for change or a lighter,) search the big pocket, search the left pant pocket, search my jacket pockets, search my pants pockets again. No fucking way. Fuck yeah. I forgot my keys, I am now locked out of my apartment. Just fucking great.

To make matters worse, my landlady is out of town. Her daughter is assuming command. But I have no idea when she's around. If I had time I would have tried her, but I needed to jet.

Holding is in a church basement. My least favorite sort of holding. There is a bathroom next door and it doesn't smell too pretty. Let's see here, sit in a basement, cluttered next to other extras, sniffing toilet fumes and bombarded with "jesus is our savior" pamphlets OR sit on the steps outside of a most pleasant sun-filled breezy day??? Hmm...

NFT saved the day again. I just happened to bring the book with me. We're filming in the west village, a little lower than I am used to, so I was feeling a bit Christopher Columbus getting off the subway. Looking at a map of this area is like looking through a kalidescope. There are three different Waverly streets and I picked the wrong one at first. But NFT got me to set in a cinch. Thank you NFT.
I hope it's a short day only for the reason of solving my little situation as I really don't feel like sleeping on the patio tonight.

No comments: