Monday, May 28, 2007

Insomniac

The approaching 4 O'Clock hour suggests that I may be experiencing a bout of insomnia. At this hour there's not much left on TV, no one really left online, so it seems the only thing to do is either write a entry in my blog or a survey for myspace. Tonight I'll go with the blog, short be it as it may, since I haven't done much since my last.

What I did accomplish was writing a new DeadLand chapter. This one does not center on Thorne, but a new character by the name of Airi. She is an 8 year old Japanese girl (well the brain of anyway) with a giant, gorilla-like robot body. She can cause all kinds of destruction and likes to carry along a raggidy old stuffed animal with her. Exciting huh? Well, it's first on my "links" list should you care to read.

I went to the theater today to catch a couple of movies. The first was Shrek: The Third. Oh my fucking god, this movie was SO funny. I was hurting from laughing so much. Even though I find it mildly upsetting all the suggestive/adult-like material that is put into animated movies nowadays, they do it SO well it's hard to be an opponent. I thought the movie might be funny, but I wasn't expecting to clutch my ribs in agony due to the giggles.

The second movie was 28 Weeks Later. The movie started out strong, but somewhere it just lost my interest a little. It was still a fine movie for what it was. It was very realistic, I definately give it that. It was definately gory. But since it's a sequel I'm forced to ask myself the question: was it really necessary? No, I can't say it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zombie Robert Carlyles are always necessary. Philestine.