Monday, May 21, 2007

DCUP Land Is No Myth

Well we did it! This weekend Ariel and I began filming DCUP Land.
(I'm going to break character for the first time and own up to my Brek side, otherwise this will just get too confusing.)

Saturday we shot at the boxing gym for Ariel Starbody's scene. It went pretty smooth. We had two other actors helping us out, (The Boxing Coach - Joe and The Announcer - Collin. Both were incredible and great to work with. And the scene came out great (even though we lost some of it because of my stupid mistake.) I wish I was more in the mood to write right now but I'm exhausted. Anyway we got all the shots done and an interview for the behind the scenes done in two and a half hours.
After that we shot another behind the scenes clip that came out actually better than I anticipated due to a couple of last minute ad-libs from both Ariel and Brek.

Sunday we started at the bar. We didn't really think we could shoot there that day so we lucked out big time!! The lighting was a bit more complicated because it was so dark. The shots were a little complicated as well, one having my sinking a ball at the pool table while checking out Starbody's ass. Not as easy as it seems!!! The bartender was incredibly good to us and the place is highly underrated as it boasts both a pool table and a dart board. It's called the Remote Sports Bar, its in Astoria. Check that shit out, yo.

Immediately after we went to Ariel's apartment to shoot a BTS scene with two actresses we recruited through Craig's list. You know what, this story is too good to get lazy about and I know I will if I tell it right now, so I'm going to write again when I am less tired.

Here are some pictures in the meantime, I included some of my story boards for shits and giggles....






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew it!!! You're were Brek all along!!! OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!

-BrekFan16