Thursday, May 24, 2007

30 going on 13

Yeah, I just referenced a chick flick...
Friday I went in for my haircut for Revolutionary Road. The one I feared. It turned out I had all reason to fear it. As I stepped into the trailer, the hairdresser asks me, "you're okay with a 1950's haircut right?" When I remarked thast casting had told me I was only receiving a trim, well...he didn't like that. But it was the fucking truth, they had told more people that than just me. He offered me the option of returning on Monday as I told him I had a commitment during the weekend that required my current look. I took him up on the offered and jetted out of there. When I returned Monday I received the creepiest haircut I've ever had in my life. The stylist was wearing a statue of David apron that positioned all of David's naked features in place with the stylist's. So that meant David's little stone pecker would occassionally brush up against me. Ehhh. Disgusting. It wasn't a very good day. I wasn't very happy to shave my goatee off and I wasn't happy about the back and sides of my head being shaved off into a ridiculous haircut. Mainly because it fucks up shooting my Brek parts for a good long while. Yeah, not happy at all.

This week is pretty much taken up by work. Everyday the routine of wardrobe/makeup/hair line waiting, shaving twice a day, wearing pants up to me rib cage. It's uneventful on set. Though i'm complaining alot, I am REALLY happy to be working. It was much needed. And I even have a fair amount of people here I know and a few friends that I am glad to be stuck here with. The days are relatively easy, giving me time to read and write. The food is decent, the crafty table plentiful, the crew is nice. I had a piece of cheesecake yesterday that was !!!!!!!!!amazing!!!!!!!! It's actually a SWEET gig. I'm just used to having so much free time now, I'm spoiled. Yeah, people actually DO need to work for a living Rick! As if that's what this could be called.

Misc.

--Yesteryday I was sitting unsucessfully trying NOT to listen to a nearby conversation between a man and woman. The two were having the most awkward conversation I've ever heard. Both of them clearly did NOT like eachother, but the continued to talk to eachother. Each sentence adding more and more to the mutual dislike they shared. After I while I began to wonder if they were both just completely and utterly socially inept and perhaps they were REALLY flirting with each other, but both were too self-obsessed to make it so obvious.

--I sat down on the subway yesterday, in the vicinity of a hobo. It verily amazes me how potent human odor can get. I'm surprised more hobos don't use their body odor for evil, maybe they just don't realize the power they possess.

-- Heroes I'm not sure how I feel about the season finale yet, I watched it last night, kind of. It didn't have my full attention as I was eating dinner and such. At this point, I'd have to say I wasn't terribly impressed or disappointed by it. But Hiro killing Sylar was about as anticlimactic as it gets.

No comments: