Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Sweet Smell of Stale Death

We now have two confirmed C4C deaths!!!! On team "Mommy, Why is Grandpa Crying" we scored with the former oldest woman alive, Leila Daughty Bertrand. This one gave me a particular fuzzy feeling, because since I had read about her current lifestyle, which was sleeping for days at a time and functioning minimally, she was an instant favorite.
And from the team, "Teaching Your Old Dogs How to Play Dead" the oldest man in the world Emiliano Mercado del Toro died the other day, giving me and my C4C cohort 2 deaths in the first month of the year. Very exciting stuff! Unfortunately "Peter O'Toole: Team Captain" hasn't scored us a death yet, and that's the team we're running with on a side bet. But the good news is that apparently Peter O'Toole is too frail to attend the Oscars!! It would just be swell if our team captain kicked it first!!! Peter I love you, but COME ON! PAPA NEEDS A NEW PAIR OF SHOES!!!!

No comments: