Friday, January 19, 2007

Bring Your Own Holy Water

Every extra knows that this time of the year sucks for work. And boy DOES it!! I have worked maybe one day out of the last month. I thought this year's hiatus period was going to be a bit easier now that I am more established in casting agencies. If work doesn't start popping up by next week I might have to start considering more conventional work for a bit, like selling my body online or starting up a live bait tackle shop.

Tomorrow I'll be going upstate for a very brief time to go to some funny religious ceremony for my nephew. I wonder if we can bring our own holy water. I dont know, it's not that I don't want to see my family, it's just that I don't feel like going upstate, especially now.

I'm not feeling very inspired today, didn't particulary feel like getting out of bed. But I will try to make the best of it. I think I might need to go one step further with my script and use index cards to map out the series of scenes and tape them to the wall or something so I can literally LOOK at the story as a whole. Because at this point, it needs alot of coming together. I feel like I have the elements, I just need to figure out what to do with them. With that and a good exercise, today should be oddly identical to yesterday!!

(Maybe you're thinking well if he's so fucking bored, why is he complaining about going upstate to see his family? It's complicated. There's a hefty amount of stress that tends to pile up when out of work this long and the last thing you want to do is leave the possibility of employment behind or even interupt the process of seeking out employment.)

No comments: