Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Squashing Rumors

Some jokes really CAN'T be taken too far. Take for instance. I'm walking down a sidewalk with a friend, when suddenly our path becomes complicated by bodies rushing ahead of us and/or past us, columns and the like. After we clear this fiasco, we begin proposing what else COULD have provided obstacles like... oh say, tires to walk through, jungle gyms, hurdles, military types tossing us rifles so we could drop to the ground and crawl through mud, jetpacks and finally jumping on a tourist bus and waving with smug smiles as we escape (there were many more funny ones, I WISH I could remember.)

I also dialed casting to figure out my call time for work work and I was told I couldn't work on the show, because of the featured part I had on it months again. It's certainly not anything to take personal. I was VERY featured, as a dotcom model. In fact I have been approached on sets before and strangers have commented on the appearance, which eventually got me curious enough to check it out. SO.... it kinda sucked, because work is slow enough right now. BUT then again it didn't, because today was a great day to have free. And the agent felt bad enough, so hopefully I'll hear from the office soon for something else.

Now its time to talk about an odd rumor that just doesn't seem to go away. I've had a LOT of people approach me, thinking that I am DCUP producer/member Brekken Brek. Asking me for autographs, asking me when the first DCUP album is coming out, about my roles on As the World Turns and General Hospital, about fellow DCUP members Ariel Starbody and Black Olive..... Look people, I NEVER said I was Brekken Brek. It's really quite silly that people think I am Brekken Brek. I mean people that have heard MY music know that it's mostly moody and introspective. How anyone thinks I could just become a rip-hop prodigy overnight and start one of the industry's hottest bands is beyond me. Let's just leave it as this... I am a HUGE DCUP fan, I think Brek is totally cool, Ariel is super sexy/crazy and Black Olive is completely unpredictable. Sometimes I wish that DCUP wasn't such a supergroup. I think that maybe if they weren't then they'd definately have their first album out by now, but egos and other commitments you know... Anyway, I hear from the great vine that a new song is in the works and I also hear it's really fucking good, so I can't wait!!!

Hmm, what else? I made some tasty roasted potatoes tonight. I need to get a new driver's license because I found mine was missing by day 3 of Adventure 2007. It's really odd that I have had this stupid little card for 8 years and then it just disappears on me. The thing is I misplace a good many things, but I've always been good with my driver's license. Blah!! This weekend I have to go upstate to be there my for nephew's christening. I don't plan on spending much time upstate. Though I should register my car, yeah, I should make a point of doing that. Tomorrow I am going to focus on writing. And that's that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? If those rumors aren't true, why don't you prove it?

Let's see a picture of you and Brek in the same room at the same time! It should be easy enough since he's always granting you all these "special interviews".

~BrekFan16