Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Day 6

Washington D.C.

The ghost hunt was over, we were on the last leg of our journey. I had requested D.C. because I had never been there, and it would have been a shame to pass by it without giving props, yo. We walked about visiting a majority of the sites, the Capitol building, the White House, the Vietnam wall, Lincoln Memorial, the National Art Gallery, Museum of Natural History, and the Smithsonian. The Smithsonian was really amazing! Everything in that fucking museum is a joy to behold, from the Wright Bros. Exhibit to George Washington’s military uniform to Edison’s original incandescent light bulb to Seinfeld’s puffy shirt. I was wide-eyed like a kid in a toy store. Another highlight was the Natural History museum. When I was a young one I wanted to be an archeologist and I’m still pretty fascinated by the field. To look at evolution and all the bizarre creatures that existed ages ago and slowly morphed into such different creatures today! I only wish it wasn’t quite so crowded, but what do you expect on a 70+ degree Saturday in January? We also performed (for our own entertainment) one of the longest and most integrated impromptu skits of my life. In fact I was really too involved for me to try to describe to you. That was pretty much the day. My legs were floppy and ready to fall off by the end of it. Another 4 or so hours and we were back in Queens. Adventure complete.

No comments: