Monday, January 08, 2007

Day 5

Lexington, Virginia - Poor House Road Tunnel (The Bone Tunnel)

[Though the tunnel is much shorter than I imagined or wanted, we ventured above the tunnel. There we found the remains of an occult ceremony, candle wax and the skull of what Dave guesses is a boar. The skull was stuck in a tree. Walking further we found a set of stairs nailed into a tree, like someone had attempted to build a tree house on this steep hill. Scouting in the other direction, we entered a valley where it became more clear that the original train tracks were set. Then we came across more animal remains, much larger ones, more complete and yet another skull hanging from a tree. I slipped on some of the bones while taking pics of them, fortunately I didn’t fall. I slipped on a pile of bones people!! A pile of fucking bones! Who can say they’ve been there? We walked a little further until a body of water and sunset forced us to go back for flashlights and bigger weaponry.] - The former Dave had me write down as we waited in the car for it to become full-blown-out night, in case we might not return from this particular adventure.

It was decided that any threat that night would be of a human kind rather than paranormal. And so we set out armed with Castor, Pollux and the big blades.

Venturing through these woods came with other complications than the night, like pricker vines, barbed wire and lots and lots of slippery clay to hit ass first. There were no ghosts, no orbs, just the challenge of traversing that damn forest!! As we left the woods for the road again a car came. I quickly jumped back up into the woods and hid behind a tree near Dave. Then I heard him say that he dropped his machete. The problem with this is that the headlights of the car reflected right off the blade.

The car stopped I can only imagine for this reason. As soon as he continued forward, I grabbed his machete and stuck it in the ground next to him. The car passed through the tunnel and stopped once again. This time I’m sure its because Dave’s vehicle was parked on that side.

I guess I forgot to explain the Bone Tunnel! The tunnel cut through a steep hill that allowed for single-file vehicle traffic. The top of this hill formed a plateau. There was a stream that actually flowed through a side of the tunnel and a thick fog that concentrated most suspiciously around and inside the tunnel. When you enter the tunnel, you can hear the echoing of the stream and it gives a slight likeness to the sound of voices.

Okay, back to the stopped car. All I could really make out was the red tail lights and heard two voices, but couldn’t discern their conversation. So I snuck over to the side of the tunnel and looked around to the corner to see if they were coming our way. They eventually left and so I jumped back onto the road and called Dave down. We wasn’t coming, so I walked through the Bone Tunnel myself to check up on the car. Still no Dave I went to go see what the fuck was up.

As I passed through the tunnel again.... I heard a voice(s). Male. With a couple of higher pitched voices as well. At first I thought Dave was fucking with me or that the car had dropped off someone to fuck with us. But this was not the case. Dave was still in the woods, looking for his machete he had not seen me put next to him as I then learned. Dave says he also heard a voice much more distinct than provided by the echoing water. And this my minions! was the only paranormal experience to note for the entirety of the week!
Here are some pics from that night. If anyone can guess what the hell type of animal owns the skull I am holding, let me know!!




No comments: