Saturday, October 28, 2006

Witches + Fire = Salem, MA

Yesterday started all pleasant, then it just become a mess as I tried to get as many things done as I possibly could before departure time. - this weekend I'm traveling with friends to Dave's place for a Halloween monster bash -
After a free breakfast I went in Manhattan to a Halloween shop, to track down the final details of my Halloween costume. I spent probably an hour looking around. I love costumes, diguises, so any time I go into one of these stores I'm like a kid in a candy store. I didn't end up getting much, I almost picked up an afro wig for Dave for reasons I cannot disclose, but we decided it wasn't the right look. Returned home.
For a while I was actually working on a writing project and a music project simultaneously, switching to whichever computer was most agreeable. I haven't really played my guitar or bass lately. But for this song I decided to mix my own instrument playing with my -um- new style of music. Though departure was pushed back I still found myself scrambling to get my shit together and out the door. I've a growing fear that I forgot to bring a change of socks. After I was out the door of my apartment I realized my keys weren't on me. Since I was pushing time anyway I really didn't need this. Long story short, about 15 minutes (and several explicits) later I found the keys in my back pack. A couple of months ago I realized how fucking quickly the 7 train gets me to Grand Central, and last night it saved me.
The train ride was what train rides usually end up being, several acts to occupy the time and keep from dozing off - unless dozies are ok, then by all means doze away - so I listened to some DCUP, wrote, and talked to my sis when the reception allowed.
The train ride to Poughkeepsie was directly followed by a car ride to Tivoli, where reception simply does not exist. In fact this whole fucking place has no reception, it's quite frustrating, so by the time I actually post this blog I guessing it will be a few hours old.
And that's about it, slept comfortably enough, mouth is cut up from a morning dose of cap'n crunch, and fixing to be on the road for the next 3 hours at least, considering weather and traffic. The rain is going to slow down festivities, but hopefully not ruin our good time. I'm making it my mission to force everyone into some kind of costume. Hopefully its a good time because this is the closest I'm gonna come to celebrating Halloween.

No comments: