Thursday, October 26, 2006

Held Up

Day #2 on the same film yesterday. I sat in holding for 6 straight hours. Fortunately I had plenty of writing to do. I played black sheep, sitting in the corner of the room, my headphones on, hood over my head, face buried in my computer. Usually I don't listen to music in holding because I'm afraid I'll miss announcements, but today I did and the escape was great. I don't know if you've heard the newish Thom Yorke album, but most of it's great ambient rhythms and beats, perfect for writing. "Black Swan" is my favorite song of the album, not ambient at all, but downright catchy and it puts me in this groove everytime I listen to it. I was able to accomplish a fair amount of writing before Nate (who I prefer to call Snake) the PA brought us to that crowded set again. It's a stuffy karaoke bar filled to the rim with crew, principals and background. To stay it's hard to move around in there, is like saying the pyramids were probably hard to build. Anyway for the rest of the very long day it was going back and forth several times from holding to set and an occasional conversation with extras I'd met on previous sets. Nothing terribly exciting.
I am STILL working on my Deadland, I'm doing what I can given these circumstances. If I had a signal in holding, I'd be able to post it today, but so far I've had no luck in the area.

No comments: