Thursday, October 26, 2006

Clammy Hands

I can't help it. I have clammy hands. I always have. Its not like they're clammy ALL the time...more like 25 percent. Most of the time it's because of social nervousness. Meeting people, crowdedness, interviews, auditions and the like. Pretty much the worst possible time because usually the single given in these situations is the traditional handshake. There are many ways I try to unclam the hand in such circumstances: 'the wipe' of course (pants, shirt, doesn't matter,) "The Phil Collins" pounding out a beat = airing out the hands (sitting or standing, doesn't matter,) "the bird" flapping the arms like you're trying to fly, "the unnerve" mentally make yourself comfortable, trick yourself normal. I'm not a freak. I am terribly shy around people I don't know, I am not comfortable around crowds, I can lash out with all sorts of ridiculous behavior in a crowd, but that's not quite the same thing. Doing background and living in the city is improving me in this area slowly, but it still takes me a while before I talk to people around me. Anyway I digress. Back to my clammy hands.
Its not all social, its temperature related also and maybe even has something to do with my circulation...which sucks by the way.
So if you meet me and I don't shake your hand or have met me and the same, this is probably why.
Please don't think less of me, cuz I still can kick your ass.

No comments: