Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Pearl of the Civilized World and the Race Against Time Borrowed

Somehow in the 530am rush to collect my belongings and head upstate I neglected to include my cell phone charger. Actually I know exactly how it happened. I put my laptop and charger into my backpack collectively and then in yet another rash decision decided not to bring my laptop. Unfortunately I didn't distinguish between computer wires and cell phone wires. The problem this whole thing presented was that I was specifically rushing back to what the train conductor likes to call, "the pearl of the civilized world," for the purpose of potential work on Tuesday and if my phone was to die, well then I couldn't confirm to any hypothetical calls that I can indeed work. So the trip home was a bundle of stress, with me inspecting my battery life a little too regulary and eventually turning it on and off in a fruitless attempt to stretch the last bar out until I reached home.

LUCKILY! I did get a call for work and I was able to confirm it. And blahblahblah here I am, back home in my little underground abode.

During the train ride I returned to Frankenstein. It's amazing how different the book is from the common perception of the monster. I don't know if I should or rather care to explain. But it's certainly not where I was expecting this book to go. I enjoying a little more, but honestly it's not going to go on my top 5.

Apparently I am hearing from people that I was on Without a Trace Friday I think. I remember this job, I was a valet at the strip joint Lace in midtown, bit of a featured part. This of course has prompted more of the "tell us when you're on TV again!" Like I have a magical TV Guide that schedules all my amazing background appearances. I could think of a 100 other magical things that I would want instead.

No comments: