Tuesday, October 24, 2006

One for the Little Man

Yesterday was...interesting. In the morning I went to a fitting for a film I've worked on a few times before. I was going a play military, however I was told the haircut would be a modest cleaning of my sides and back. When I got there though, I sat in a chair watching the hair dresser buzz one after the next, like he was sending them off to boot camp. By the time he arrived to me, I wasted no time in a forewarning. "I didn't agree to a buzz cut." We then walked over to casting together, and the agent more or so less let me go of the obligation. It didn't feel at all bad about walking off the gig, because I had flat out told them beforehand that I wasn't cool with a buzz cut. I was little dissapointed because the scene sounded pretty cool, and I'm guessing I would have gotten some KICK ASS props. But oh well...that's the way the fortune cookie crumbles. I've booked some multiple day gig, so it's all cool.

I need to make a point of saying how fucking much I love Seinfeld. I was watching it the other night, the episode where Elaine is stuck on the subway. Her inner dialogue noticing a smelly guy next to her and people touching her, a slight annoyance when the train first stops that grows into a rageful "mother f***er!" I ride the subway everyday, been stuck on it a few times, I know this feeling! And that's exactly stage for stage how that shit goes down. An "oh come on!" to the deep desire to decapitate everyone standing next to you. Why did this show ever end???? It doesn't matter though, there is enough syndication to get me my fix. My fix! My fixxxxx! Gotta get my fix!!!

No comments: