Sunday, October 22, 2006

And Now the Rabbit Will Magically Reapear!

Unfortunately I'm probably going to get tired of writing before I can fully provide a detailed account of my week. It's been busy of course. WORK! It's been good, the last two weeks, I've been working nearly every day. Thursday and Friday I worked 2 overnighters doing stand-in on a film I've worked on a few times before. They were they last two nights of filming for the movie and quite long. Needless to say working until 6am screwed up my schedule a bit, but it's about making that sweet mula! And I was kinda of glad to be there for the last day of filming, since I had been there for the first day.

On the 19th I recognized my 2 year anniversary of residence in New York City. TWO YEARS!! That was fast. I still remember Dave and Clancy driving upstate in a van that could easily be mistaken for a molester mobile. We packed up my shit in record time, ate some grilled cheese/ tomato sandwiches and headed straight for the ghetto lands of Bushwick, set in the gritty heart of Brooklyn. AH!! Bushwich, with your skanky chicken, your bird-ridden grocery stores screaming salsa music, your rooftop. You really were a great introduction to living in the city! I spent 2 weeks looking for a job, then getting antsy I worked at a McDonald's near Times Square. No one spoke English, making my day undeniably confusing and lonely. Upon receiving my first check (and seeing my pay rate) I quite McHell. It was alright though. Soon I was working two jobs, Barnes and Noble and Gap. And I continued to work both jobs for the next year. I toiled over several rewrites on a suspense script, worked on songs, sparred Clancy on the rooftop, sparred Clancy in the living room too now that I think about it. I was introduced to Firefly, joined Dave in many a sing-along, one that went horrible wrong. God, there's SO much history already here. I go on on forever on the adventures, good times, bad times. That's how I want my life... FULL!! I library of experiences. Two years.... I've moved 4 times!!! That's an average of once every six months. Now you need not wonder why there's so very little in my current apartment. Every time I moved, I had to throw out a few more belongings. When I moved to Manhattan, I trashed my dresser, bed, and...well about 30% percent of my belongings. I'm a minimalist so no big deal. Of course I went upstate for a week to film ShE. I don't think I need to say what a pivotal experience THAT was. Then I broke into the background world of film and TV. I haven't worked a 9-5'er since February. I can honestly say that I haven't looked back since.

OK, I'm there, the point of being tired of writing. it's time for bed already. Suffice it to say, life is good. And things are looking brighter each and every day (most days.) I have SO much going on creatively and many prospects concerning my career goals. I'm very excited, and hopeful. This is not an elegant blog, sorry folks. By the time I get to the blog, I'm just completely pussyjunked.

I'm glad I have those dust-covered blogs, they are far writings than this blog.

No comments: