Thursday, March 22, 2007

Incontinence Doesn't Have to Mean Incompetence

I have a crush on Tina Fey. She is spectular and she has a quiet yet undeniable presence. Because you know her work and you knows she's fucking hilarious. And she's damn hot in person. Alec Baldwin... HOLY SHIT!!! I have never had a hard time keeping a straight face on set before. But when he was doing his lines, it literally hurt not to laugh. Everytime they said cut, I looked over to the table and revered them both. I was so happy to be on set with them. Something I usually don't care all too much about.

Holding on the other hand was a much different story. I swear these were the worst extras I have ever seen. A good many were old woman. They bitched. They asked ever stupid question there is out there. One was saying how she should have brought her fur coat instead, which made her hate her instantly. Another reaked of old lady perfume, she sat right next me and then asked me what day it was while holding the day's newspaper in her hand. Another woman was told by wardrobe that her top wasn't good for the scene because it was black and white, and she began arguing with them that this was a nice jacket and she didn't understand why they didn't want her to use it. The finally brought her a top to wear instead. She put it on and then put the rejected top on over that and wore it to set. Everyone kept asking what the base rate was, something you should know if you work AT ALL. Someone made a big deal about filling out her personal information on her I-9. There was a sleezy, disgusting guy that was on my last set there hitting on every woman in sight. Another guy, who I decided to call Batman because he wore a utility belt of sorts around his waist. He was the type that wants attention constantly. So he'll announce completely absurd thing to no one in particular, like "well, I'm going to get some post cards done and then I'm going to read." I was stuck with the sleeze ball on set. He sat across from me at a table in a restaurant. He had a single headphone in his ear, playing music even when action was called, and he informed the props person he was going to eat his bread because it looked good. After the first take a PA came over and told him to remove the headphone and to leave his bread alone because he was making too much noise (after sleeze ball refused responsibility.) The two extras near me were whispering loudly during a take and the woman kept trying to snap pictures of the actors with her cell phone camera. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this stuff nearly killed me. Of course this was following my last job, which was the most fun I've have in holding in a long time, so that might have had something to do with it. Man, I could have used the same back-up last night. Fortunately though I had my laptop and I used my time wisely. I finished the last part of my DEADLAND trilogy. That means it's time to return to my script. Keep up the good work...me.

No comments: