Sunday, February 04, 2007

Walking Against the Wind

14 hours later we had accomplished 17 dialogued scenes in a marathon shooting craze that went from room to room to room inside an upper west side apartment. Crafty consisted of donuts, coffee, smokes, pizza and beer. Holding was a kitchen table off to the side of the living room. There was no OT, no meal penalties, no smoke pay, no pay at all actually. But there were plenty of laughs and a great little group of friends. A friend I met on set a while ago was filming an episodic pilot for youtube and he asked me to be the director of photography. Though honestly I don't get nearly the same joy from camera work as I do from being the writer or actor on a production, I said I'd help out. The scenes were ridiculous enough, and many times I could barely keep myself from laughing. Anyway, I'll probably be mentioning it again as it gets finished.

In related news I hear DCUP may be making a music video at some point in the next fews months. According to rumor it will be for the yet-to-be-completed song, DCUP Land. I hope this is not some cruel joke! I'm dying to see a DCUP music video!!

I had a brief outing today and the weather is fucking horrendous. Once I got back off the subway and started the walk back to my apartment I knew just how bad this situation was going to be. As soon as I crossed a block of buildings, it was just going to be me and the wind. Walking into this wind was like being slapped across the face by that bitch Motha Nature's steel gauntlet. I don't care to go outside for the remainder of winter. Unless I am getting paid for it of course.

No comments: