Monday, February 26, 2007

The Black Donnellys

HOLY SHIT!! Did you people see the series premier of this show?!?!?! This is the best program I've seen on TV in a long time! It's it shot amazingly well, beautifully, with interesting techniques mixed in with very transparent techniques for really effective story telling. The characterization was really really well done and the reveals!!!! Very good, well paced and not only doing their job to suprise, but adding to the richness of the characters.

I've done a little stand-in and background on this show, since it's shot in NYC. Yay! Go NYC! All the more reason to support it, but by no means the reason I am so gun-ho about it. All I remember from working on it was that I could never spell the name right on my voucher. And I had to carry a body bag with a really fucking heavy dummy inside, up narrow winding stairways. I had NO idea the show was going to be THIS good.

If you missed it, just go to nbc.com and watch it there. Believe me, you won't regret it!

No comments: