Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Day In the Life of a Dead Guy

What a strange and wonderful job. The other day I stood in for a corpse. First I had to lie on a cold metal slab. Now the real challenge in such a situation, especially if it is the morning, is to STAY AWAKE. You're lying down first and most obviously of all, but it was also warm in the room, which always makes me sleepy, and they were shining a bright light in my eyes, so I was forced to close them...and keep them closed. You really can't imagine how comfortable this situation becomes and how easily one might fall into a little dream sequence.
The day got much much more bizarre as I then stood in for the crime scene dead body position. Basically I was lying on a pastic covered blood soaked matress in a basement (set) with a leather s and m mask over my face while the actors talked about my mutilated genitals. Perhaps that could use explanation, but I'll let you fill in the blanks yourselves. As the star of the show peeled the mask off of me she said, "bet you've never done this before." I remarked, "no, well there was that one night...it was a very strange night." She more or less ignored the comment but the other leading lady smirked at it.
Then later on I even found myself rehearsing a scene with the stars of the show. Mind you I don't appear in the scene, it was just a rehearsal, still it was kind of neat to interact with them and pretend it was my role.

There was a lot of food eaten that day and the day before. Both sets are notorious for always having food available. I love that. I did miss out of the pizza though because I was on set.

The current song I am really digging is Skip Divided by Thom Yorke. Check it.

No comments: