Thursday, June 07, 2007

Things To Do (or die)

The amount of time I slept yesterday was unprecidented. It was absurd. It was grotesque. I slept for ten hours in the morning and then throughout the day (on/off) I slept about 6 more hours. I don't know what was wrong with me. I remember thinking, "Am I really going back to sleep?" and then I would just pass out for another two hours. I guess I needed it. Because today I woke up at 9 with only about 5 hours of sleep and I left quite better. Still there are some things on my list that I need to take care of because slowly but surely they are starting to bug me. The first which I already mentioned deals with my family and the fact that I see them much less than I used to. See the thing is that I get up there and I am always worried about missing opportunities down here. I can get a call for work at any time. And when I am up there I have to deal with the trains and people getting me to the trains, and sometimes its just too much of a hassle for everyone I feel. This and my general aggravation of being less than mobile and my utter hatred of Amtrak has steered my into a final decision that is long overdue..... I'm putting my car back on the road.

The next is the deal with my headshots. I said I was going to get them printed probably two months ago now and I have yet to do that. My reasoning.... I want to have my reel done at the same time. So..... somehow this needs to get done. The only thing is I am not sure if I should wait to include some DCUP Land footage, only because it's SO different than material I have already. Plus both this and the car thing require me to being WORKING!!! Which I am not getting nearly enough of lately.

Which brings me onto another topic. I don't know why but I am not working like I used to. I don't know why, if it's just slow or what, but I need to start doing something about it. More specifically I think I am going to re-register with the guy I used to do a couple of promos for. The money isn't bad. Yeah, I am doing that today actually. I need some fucking work.

And last but certainly not least, I NEED to get back into my script. I have had plenty of time lately and I either avoid it or I just stare at a blank page until I eventually give up. I need to start planning out some scenes and moving forward. Because I am totally frustrated with myself on that. Probably more than anything else.

So there it is, these are things I need to get done. Feel free to question me about them and curse me out if I fail at any.

No comments: