Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Alfred Hitchcock Presents....

Okay, tell me how fucking bizarre this shit is. I've been watching a few Hitchcock films kind of for study, but also because I'd like to watch more classic films.

So today I am walking to the library to return North by Northwest when this bird comes out of nowhere and rushes at me like a kamakaze pilot. He hits me in the arm and then more or less puts it in reverse and sits down on a street sign, watching me and I'm looking up to him wondering what the fuck that was all about. End Scene.

After the library I go to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for a couple of dinners. So I'm walking back home with a heavy bag of groceries in each hand when this SAME fucking bird whizzes past the back of my neck. So close that I feel the feathers of his wing against my skin. I turn around and he's sitting there on a fence, fucking staring me down, psyching me out like he's gonna attack again. Now I have no arms, I am defenseless. I considered putting my bags down and squaring off with the bird, but I had refridgerated items and I get nervous about them being exposed to room temperature too long, because the walks alone is about 15 minutes. So I just backed away real slow-like, my eye trained on him, searching for any movement that might warn me of another attack. Fortunately I return in one piece.

Birds!

No comments: