Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Premonition or Silly Dream?

Well I've hit another slow period for work. As frustrating as it is I am trying to make the most of it. From the very minimal of achievements, like finally buying a wallet to restore order to my back pocket to delving back into my script. Still the script goes slowly, though I am trying something new. Instead of just writing haphazardly, I am trying to outline the whole script, trying to write out story and character arcs. I think this will speed things up in the long run and ultimately save me. And yesterday I contatced the Promo guy I did some gigs for before and inquired about work. So yeah, I am getting some stuff done, still not working generally sucks.

I watched a matinee of Pirates 3 today. I am going to be honest here. Everyone I know hates the movie. But I ENJOYED it! Yeah I said it. I thought it was good. In fact it may have been my favorite. For me it was a perfect blend of comedy and action, and epic action at that, I mean two battling ships circling around a huge whirlpool? Come on! That's just good shit!

Ok onto the premonition!!! I had this dream last night where this hurricane devastated all of New York state and who know maybe even the world. For some reason I was upstate and of course it was a struggle for survival kind of situation. It was a very very long dream that had me and a few others surfacing in the aftermath and me scouting around and eventually finding a motorcycle and driving to NYC to find everything in rubble and then some 2X4's in the basement of a building I thought might be useful for rebuilding. okay where this gets weird is that today (post dream) I read some article about how it is likely that a major hurricane is bound to hit NYC sometime soon. To make the matter even more peachy, the East River (because of flooding) is one of the bad spots to be. Yeah, that's right where I live.

I guess that's about it for now....

No comments: