Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hitting the Wall

The marriage ceremony was nice. The location was amazing, old country-style cottage type of country club with lush lawns and ponds and streams. The ceremony itself was interesting to say the least. It was the first Jewish marriage I've been to. Religions are weird anyway, but being introduced to one is always slightly surreal. As I entered the building I was asked if I wanted to wear a yamaka (sp?). I really wasn't expecting this question, so it took me a second before I said, "Uh...no thanks." I didn't see much of what was going on during the ceremony because I was sitting in the back. I figured family and those religious should get the seats ahead of me. Then of course there was singing and dancing and speaches and such. Unfortunately I couldn't muster much energy and it seemed the more I drank, the more tired I became. So I laid pretty low. After the festivities everyone came over to our room in the hotel to drink and visit. Again I was tired and I didn't really know many of the people, so I kind of just sat there and thought to myself.
The next day we all met up with Clancy for lunch before leaving. I had some energy again and it made things a little more fun. Dave and I were ordering the same things for lunch so we decided we would sing our order to the waitress. She was either impressed or weirded out. Either is quite possible and acceptable to me. She told us no one had ever sung their order to her before and I believed her. Everyone seemed to be ordering ice tea to drink. I asked Clancy what was going on and he ordered, "order a drink!" So I shouted out "screwdriver!" It seems I opened a door, because almost everyone after me ordered alcohol.
Then we went East. To Ithica, New York to make camp for the night at a friend's place. There was more drinking, me showing people some youtube classics like Mr. Bones video and What Am I? and some of various musical ventures. We went out to some bar that had a foos (sp?) ball table, dart board and pool table. The place was cool, but the customers annoyed me. Once we were wasted we had a bunch of really bad/good ideas like lighting off fireworks and trespassing to climb up the roof of a mansion. I don't know how but we managed to stay awake until 6am. When I woke up I had officially hit the wall. I had no energy, my mood was shot, I didn't feel like talking. The day kind of sucked as there was alot of shit going on with the trains. I was catching the most expensive train back, it was two hours late. Plus I was kind of going back and off about just calling someone in my family to come and pick me up to visit them, since I was only about 40 mins away from them. I kind of feel crappy about it, so I'm hoping I at least get some work this week or weekend. Then I got home and collected my money from the 4 day gig the other week. Totally screwed as they included all days in one check.
Eh....

No comments: