Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ghosts, Bigfoot and UFO's Oh My!

I'm fucking outta here for two weeks. Week 1 will be spent with Dave, Clancy and Curran bouncing around New York State hunting down various ghosts and goblins. Week 2, should I survive week 1, I will be in Cape Cod with my family. Needless to say I have serious reservations about being away for so long. Mostly because of missing work and the like I guess, but whatever, I'm just going to try to enjoy myself as I think it's probably good that I get away for a while. I could definitely use the adventure. I am bored and uninspired, I am starting to feel like a spectator, or that I'm not really 'here', I don't know how else to describe it, but at any rate taking some action I think will get me out of that frame of mind.

So yeah, as you (and when I say you I am really talking to me, because I am pretty sure no one reads this fantastic blog anymore) recall Dave and I went on a similar trip at the beginning of the year, traveling down the east coast on a very planned route. In all modesty we did all we could in the way of ghost seeking to the point of standing in the middle of a haunted forest on the night of a full moon at midnight, taunting the ghosts to show themselves, or driving down a haunted back road with the windows rolled down playing a flute, or knowingly entering remote woods in the dark where you previously discovered all kinds of animal bones and skulls hanging from trees. That is the dedication we upheld in actually SEEING something. And after all that we had only a short moment of possible paranormal experience. So yes, I am certainly more of a skeptic now. That is why if I am going to redo this sort of thing, I want to bring it up a notch. Which brings us to the places we have planned including an abandoned (or not) army base with a radioactive past and reported ghost deer in the same general area.... oh and part of the base may be a prison I guess. Needless to say we won't know the specifics of this place until we scout it, if there are guards with guns and spotlights we will of course pass it up, but anything less and I completely willing to break and enter into an abandoned military base. Because of the actual risk of incarceration or detection we are only dedicating one night to this place and no alcohol will be involved. Other places include an abandoned mining tunnel somewhere in the Catskills, a haunted lake featured in Unsolved Mysteries, a well-known UFO hot spot where various underground tunnels surround nearby lakes with fucked up magnetic fields, an old fort where at least 50 people were killed simultaneously in a munitions explosion, various old remote graveyards of course, a battle field and some other places that besides their paranormal promises offer some kind of aesthetic quality as a back-up. I hope to encounter at least one 'thing' from which I feel fortunate to have walked away. Today I am going upstate to my parents' house for the night to pick up my camping gear and my katana sword, which I will aptly apply with holy water (no, I am not religious, but better safe than sorry.) Tomorrow Dave will be picking me up and from there its off to western NY. We don't really have the details of the plan yet, as it is really difficult to arrange such a thing with four people involved, therefore much of the design will come about tomorrow when we are all in the same room.

As for the Cape Cod end of the trip... I don't know. I really just going along with what my family has planned. I'm sure I will enjoy it once I am there, relaxing on the beach, getting myself a tan, swimming, eating out, sipping mixed drinks all day.

Well if I get the opportunity I will blog something sometime, as I like to document such adventures for future reference.

I just hope to fucking god, I get no good calls for work during the next two weeks!

No comments: