Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Also Called the Oblique

One of my main frustrations lately has been my utter fruitless attempts of getting my computer to recognize my camcorder in HD mode to capture video onto my computer. I have sought technical direction online and over the phone from Canon, Microsoft, Dell, Ulead....no answers. I'm talking probably a total of 8 hours of answer seeking. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am pretty persistent, being so I needed to fucking figure out what the hell the problem was. Well the other day after about 2 1/2 hours on the phone and online talking tech supports I was finally awarded an answer. You wanna know? The trial editing program I downloaded isn't compatible with my camera. First I'm glad it's only a trial version. Second WHY the fuck could they have not told me this the 1st or even the 2nd time I had talked to this company!?! So much wasted time, so much frustration for the simplest of answers!

For the past few days I've been fighting a cold. The summer cold. What a bastardly thing it is! It more of less knocked me on my ass. I'm still left with an annoying cough, a leaking nose and the occasionally sneeze. My immune system is shit lately.

Okay, so I often find wonder in the most simple, obvious things. Last night I was looking at my hand for some reason and I was all about how cool it is that your fingers, when the hand is fully opened, are all different lengths. Yet when you close your hand into a near fist, all fingers match up. What engineering!!

I also came to the conclusion that much of life is summed up by this: /

Last but not least I have BOOKED work!!! Two days on a Tina Fey movie. I am played a waiter apparently, casting said I was picked by the director. Of course every knows that's said just to make us feel good about ourselves. I am sure the director has much better things to do than cast extras. Still I am somewhat nervous, only for the fact that I am pretty much back to full Brek mode, meaning my hair is growing out (actually longer than it's been in a while) and I have a goatee once again. The thing is I look completely different than my headshot. I couldn't tell casting this because obviously I need the work. I just hope no one in production cares.

No comments: