Monday, June 25, 2007

Genius Today, Fireman Tomorrow

A quick recap. Extremes seem to be in style for the summer season. The other day I froze my ass off in the Apple store for 6 hours, working as a Genius employee on the movie, Starship Dave while today was a short and easy day Damages. Tomorrow will undoubtedly be full of sweat and ill-temper as I will be dressed up in full gear as a firefighter on Rescue Me. Did I mention it's going to be 90 degrees tomorrow? ...Yeah.

Also every day of work this week have been early calls. It sucks. I HATE waking up early! Wait, Am I complaining? Jeez man!! Last week I was complaining about having NO work. Really, I am grateful for it being busy. I will happily work non-stop to Friday. For then the plan commences. What plan, you ask? Not yet!

I was stuck sitting next to an annoying person the other day at work. There are some true generalizations about union and non-union actors and here they are: union actors complain about stupid pointless shit on set, they also brag about what they've done as much as humanly possible. While non-union actors have a tendency of hounding you about how to get into the union. Mind you I said GENERALizations. I generally don't like people, doesn't matter if they belong to a union or not. Anyway, I was stuck next to a non-union kid the other day. And he starts asking me stuff. Now I'll throw out what I think is the standard hints and tips, I mean I was given some advice when I started, so I see it as only fair. Well the guy asked me how to get the contact information for agencies and I told him to pick up the Ross Reports (a periodical that list all the talent agencies in NY and LA.) Then the guys exclaims, "but it's like 10 bucks." And that is where I shut him out. I'm sorry, you don't want to invest 10 dollars on your career, but you'll tell me about how you want to be an actor and you sit there and load your fucking backpack up with food from crafty which in all probability values about hmmm... 10 bucks maybe. I only got two words for you....

Fuck off.

And that's my story.

No comments: