Thursday, November 23, 2006

Speak of the Dick

Well yesterday sucked, there's no point in looking for a candy word for it. It's alright really, the two days that preceeded it were really great, so I have no problem with enduring one bad day for two extremely nice days.

I ended up in Albany around 10:30pm last night and waited there a while for my father to pick me up. Welcome home. This is Thanksgiving. There's nothing very exciting to report. I know I rarely blog anymore, so you'd think that when I eventually get around to writing, it would be something monumental, emotional sweeping, poetically elegant.... well I'm real fucking sorry. I went to my parent's house from the train station, ate some food, went online to buy my train ticket home on Sunday and passed right fucking out. Max, the coolest Labradoodle in the world, hung out with me for a bit on the bed, hogging it is more like it, when I closed my eyes it seemed like there was a horse lying next to me in the bed rather than this furry freak of a mixed breed.

I woke up not in a good mood. With yesterday, getting little sleep and losing my 2nd phone charger left me grumpy as all hell. I went to my father's for breakfast early, so no one would be too full for dinner as I was celebrating the festivities at my sister's. It was a nice visit. I made pancakes and we talked about a great many things, including topics that I am wrapped all up in with the latest books I am reading. I suddenly thought to myself as I was sitting in the kitchen. Why to I always tend to sit on the floor when I am in my parents houses? Nobody else sits on the floor, not even the kids and I am there looking up at everyone. I really gave it some thought and suddenly realized that it's because of the doggies. Its because I'm petting or playing with them constantly when I am there, so I always end up on the floor. Somewhere along the line I must have just subconsciously skipped the step and began sitting on the floor. Anyway, people started pouring in, guests. My step-sister and brother-in-law showed up and I held my nephew for the first time. Then I left and came into the frenzy of my sistas house. Thanksgiving overall was nice. Got to know some of my brother-in-law's family better, and even though I was dead tired I made it a point to socialize and just have fun. There was some drama unfortunately that bogged down the joyment, but what can we do. I helped make some of the food as well. Yeah, it was a pretty good Thanksgiving. Even thugh the idea of Thanksgiving disturbs me, like Xmas I just make it about being with my family.

(the title has to do with probably the funniest thing my father's said in a while, pertaining to his own father, Richard senior, aka Dick.) I doubt you'd find it as funny if I describe it, so I'll keep it mysterious.

And my phone will remain dead until I return home Sunday. And buy yet another charger for this fucking phone I have come to despise.

No comments: