Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cold Feet

So I'm currently reading the book Stiff, by Mary Roach, who unfortunately has a name that could easily be mistook for illegal drug lingo. The book details the history and current practical uses of cadavers. Don't worry, this blog contains no spoilers for those of you that intend to read it.

Of course the book explores societal ideas and psychologies that surround the dead body and the biological realities of the human corpse, which keep it interesting (if not mildly disturbing), because as much as I'd like to say I can read an entire book on uses for cadavers, it can get a bit....stiff. There's a line in it, "We are biology." As absorbed as we are in our appearance and specifically our bodies, it is rather hard to comes to terms with what eventual will become of our little skin bags. I adopted a rather natural way of looking at this a while ago, and still it disturbs my manner somewhat. Anyway, I recommend the book, it's a good read.

In other news, I've been approached to write a short for a stand-in I met on set. She's making the movie with one of her friends and said she thought of me immediately to flesh out their ideas into a screenplay. I am kind of interested but definately wary of getting involved. I haven't repsonded yet, nor am I sure how to. The thing is I've had alot of experience in this field and I have a pretty realistic outlook, but I don't want to come across as an ass, when I explain this or start listing stipulations I would want if I was to participate. Anyone that knows me can understand why I would have cold feet entering into such a situation.

No comments: