Sunday, November 26, 2006

400m

I was on the Track team when I was in High School. I was quite fast I say quite modestly. I ran the 400m. My coach told me it was likely the hardest race, because it was somewhere between long distance and a sprint. As a freshman I was faster than all the seniors. Okay maybe I'm not sounding so modest anymore. My point is the approach I had toward running this particular race. It was pretty simple. Start the race with a sprint. About 200m in, slow down. When I hit the 325m mark, burn everthing I had left, raw will coursing through my numb legs. When it was over, I knew I ran as fast as I possibly could.

Today was kind of like that. The day started out shitty. And it didnt help when I got to the train and figured out that I reserved a ticket for the wrong day and that I had to wait an hour longer than I had expected. By the time I pulled into Manhattan I really just wanted to get to my apartment. But there was no getting around my need of a charger for my cell phone. I tried 34th street, but didn't see the store that was supposed to be there. After waiting a hair-pulling amount of time waiting for the 1 train, I went to 23rd street and finally found my cell phone charger #3. I'm pretty sure I was overcharged, since the guy took the charger out of a packaged set and didn't bother giving me a receipt. I really didn't care at that point. It was just about getting to my apartment.

And now here I am. My call time for work tomorrow is oh...about 9 hours later than I thought it would be, looks like a short, one scene day. At least I'll get time to finally send some query letters out, clean up my place and exercise. It's good to be back in NYC.

No comments: