Monday, November 13, 2006

Been To the Talkies Lately?

I've had the opportunity to watch two movies recently. The Departed, a movie I have been meaning to see for the last two weeks, and Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. Both of these movies were excellent! Must-Sees you might say.
The Departed was ulta-violent, brutily actually, but also realistically... I imagine anyway. The acting was brilliantly done by all, of course with a cast such as the cast the movie boasts, this is expected, yet still greatly appreciated. I could say the movie was tense, but in order for you to completely understand let me tell you that it was SO tense that I left the theater with a headache from all the tension.

Borat was hiralious, there were a few moments were I could barely take the grossness of the movie, but I laughed my ass off. Seriously, I have not seen a funnier movie in a long long time. Though I was upset to see parents with their kids there. This is NOT a movie for kids. And I was even more disappointed in the parents when they continued to stay after the many examples of why this is not a movie meant for kids. Selfish fucks.

No comments: