Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jewinated

Work is certainly picking up. I really hope it stays this way. I need to restore my financial situation big time. Yesterday I received a last minute call for a promo at Madison Square Garden. Nothing about it was too appealing, but money is money and I had no work booked for that day. So I took a quick shower and hopped on the train. There's been some juggling this week with gigs, and yesterday I was trying to book Thursday and Friday before working the promo, otherwise I was going to stay with the promo work until Saturday. I don't like doing this, because I need the union work for my health insurance. It seems like everything lately have been multiple day matching shots. This is nice because it gives us a few days on a project instead of one, but it's also harder to schedule stuff because often times you're not available for every day that they want you. Anyway I started the promo hating it. I didn't like the vibe, it was too uptight. It's a fucking promo, come on! I'm not going to put my heart and soul into it. I'll work, but I'm not going to really care. There was one moment, where me and this girl were passing out crap a couple of levels away from home base and I caught the supervisor spying on us from behind a column. I was ELATED to find background work for today. Anyway the people gradually became more tolerable as the night went on and we started talking about movies and actors. I also stopped in to Borders and picked up Oil! by Upton Sinclair. I can't wait to read it. There was a brief moment of actual fun when we figured it was more fun to throw the rally towels were passing out to people rather than handing them out. People usually caught them in passing, sometimes it didn't work out.
So today I was supposed to be a waiter a Jewish wedding, but because I didn't bring black pants, I was transformed into an Hasidic Jew....once again. Fortunately they didn't put a beard on me. It was a crowd full of jerk-faces and I spoke out a good many times during the course of the day. The perk however, was Natalie Portman. She was there and she was gorgeous. Oddly enough I JUST watched The Darjeeling Limited the other day. Which by the way was a great movie, perhaps one of Anderson's more abstract films, but also strangely parallel to things in my life. Ahhh... but isn't that what movies and music do best? Fuck you all.

No comments: