Sunday, May 28, 2006

Ain't no such thing as the first amendment anymore, bitch!

It feels like I am unemployed. I haven't worked since last Tuesday. Needless to say, it's disturbing me. Welcome to a life without security. This is my first dry spell since making acting my full-time thing, so I think my worry is somewhat justified. Still I believe I will get something thrown my way soon. And anyway, this week I am going to do whatever it takes to get work.
So my days off have been mostly, writing, recording, exercising, wasting time online or doing career related stuff.
Today I did a bunch of research online to find out what actors own production companies (to send scripts to). Once I found if an actor owned one, then I had to find the address, then I had to try to determine whether the company was still in business. A-LONG-PROCESS! I was at the computer most of the day. I broke up the work with some recording. Several hours and 16 names later, I decided that was enough work for one day. I got out of the apartment and went to the park near-by. I must say I do live in a VERY nice area. So it's a 12 minute walk to the subway, 15 minutes to groceries, but it's one block from a beautiful green park and two from a glistening river. I brought my writing book with me and sat on a bench. Once I opened the book, I realized I wasn't really in the writing mood. So I let my head rest against the back of the bench in an almost comfortable position and just enjoyed the breeze and the sun for a bit. This prompted my next literary move. And then I began writing. Finally the family of kids behind me whittled away my patience and the sun was going down, so it seemed time for me to go back underground. OH! There was a point when this fly-thing appeared on me. It looked much like an ant, but it had small wings on its butt. I had never seen anything like it before, so I was going to take a picture of it, to show all. But as I went for my phone, it disappeared...then it reappeared and as I studied it again, I saw it WAS an ant, that had a mosquito attached to its ass. How does that happen? Anyway, I couldn't leave you with nothing, so...I took this picture of a fly Dave and I encountered a couple of weeks ago. It was so big that Dave didn't believe it was real. The quarter is for perspective.

Sunday is usually the only time I make an effort to relax to some TV. But instead of the regulary scheduled programs, tonight it's NASCAR. GRR! Is NASCAR the modern day chariot race, the Indy 500 the Circus Maximus? I wonder if its the same audience. I shouldn't say that. My sister watches NASCAR. OH GOD! My sister watches NASCAR!

Just to explain the format of Dead Land, so there's no confusion- it is centered on four characters. Kalju, Clancy, Dave and I each have our own character. We each write a continuous story of our character, though you will most likely see a Clancy story, or Kalju story directly follow mine and so on. And occassionally when are characters join forces we will join forces as writers as well. If you are interested in the writer, the entry ends with who wrote the piece.

Last but not least, today I entered "Pussyjunk" into both Wikipedia and Wiktionary, but alas they did not appreciate my contribution and sent me an email informing me that they deleted the definition from their database. Freedom of speech my ass!!

No comments: